|The Torque Armada|
|Original Airdate||October 2, 2000|
|Producer(s)|| Tad Stones|
|Story Editor(s)||Gary Sperling|
|Studio||Wang Film Productions Co., Ltd.|
|Previous||The Adventure Begins|
|Image Gallery (4) | Transcript|
The Torque Armada is the first episode of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. It first aired on October 2, 2000, and is the third episode in production.
Zurg's Hornets spring Torque from a prison transport and have him brought to Planet Z. While Torque is on Planet Z, Zurg has the Grubs place a cell-separating device on Torque that enables him to make clones of himself. While this is happening, Team Lightyear's trying to focus on their job of patrolling Tanker Alley.
- Brent Starkisser (cameo)
- Buzz Lightyear
- Purple Alien Thug
- Mira Nova
- Evil Emperor Zurg
- Rocket Crockett
- The book Buzz vs. Torque: One-On-One was based on this episode.
- The episode may have been named after Torquemada, the main villain of the comic strip Nemesis the Warlock, who's army was called the Torque Armada.
- The anteater criminal's mouth is misplaced in this episode.
- Zurg's chest is purple instead of silver in one shot.
- In several scenes, Mira's jetpack button is missing from her suit.
- Zurg's waist is purple instead of black in several scenes.
- In one shot, Zurg's arms switch from purple to grey to purple again.
- The positions of the yellow and blue buttons on Buzz's suit are reversed in one shot.
- In one shot, Zurg's skirt is red instead of purple.
- The colors of the Z insignia on Zurg's chest are inverted in several scenes.
- In one scene, Mira's neck is blue instead of green, despite the fact that her thermal hood is on.
- Buzz's waist is white in one shot instead of black.
- Part of Zurg's cape is colored grey instead of black in one shot.
- Buzz's teeth are colored with the shade of his mouth in one shot.
- Stephen Furst as Booster Munchapper
- Brad Garrett as Torque
- Wayne Knight as Evil Emperor Zurg
- Phil LaMarr as Rocket Crockett and Smeego
- Larry Miller as XR
- Nicole Sullivan as Mira Nova
- Patrick Warburton as Buzz Lightyear
- Frank Welker as Grubs
Executive Producers: Tad Stones, Mark McCorkle, Bob Schooley
Director: Don MacKinnon
Story Editor and Written By: Gary Sperling
Voice Casting and Dialogue Director: Jamie Thomason
Storyboard: Robert Foster, Garrett Ho, Alan Wright, Ryan Anthony, Alfred Gonzales
Timing Directors: Barbara Dourmashkin-Case, Mitch Rochon
Sheet Timing: Barbara Dourmashkin-Case, Mitch Rochon
Supervising Character Design: Greg Guler
Character Design: Brian Brookshier
Key Location Design: Ken McGill, Latchezar Gouchev
Prop Design: Tris Mast, Tom Foxmarnick
Lead Background Paint: Donna Prince
Key Background Stylists: Rick Evans, Sy Thomas
Associate Producer: Natasha Kopp
Production Manager: Zoe Seals
Creative Consultant from Pixar: Jeff Pidgeon
Color Key Stylist: Janet Cummings
Storyboard Revisions: Alan Wright
Continuity Coordinator: Kathrin Victor
Digital Color Correction: Donald Devine
Scanner: Adam Chase
CGI Main Title: Pixar Animation Studios
Music By: Adam Berry
Main Title Theme By: Adam Berry
Animation Production By: Wang Film Productions Co., Ltd.
Animation Directors: Archer Lai, Tosy Yeh
Layout Director: Chenny Chen
Layout Artists: Glanda Lin, Joy Hu
Background Director: Vincent Liu
Backgrounds: Peter Sun, Hung Hsiu Hue, Yen Ching Liang
Animators: Eagle Jeng, Lyndon Jiang, Tasso Lee, Orman Hwang, Jassie Shyong, Arion Chang
Supervising Film Editor: John Royer
First Assistant Film Editor: Jennifer Harrison
Pre-Production Dialogue Editor: Monte Bramer
Track Reading: Skip Craig
Post Production Manager: Steven J. Arenas
Post Production Supervisor: Rachel Pusateri
Audio Supervisor: Victor Garcia
Post Production Coordinator: Mark Allen Bollinger
Supervising Sound Editor: Jennifer E. Mertens
Sound Effects Editors: Rick Hammel, Otis Van Osten, Kenneth D. Young
Sound Editor: Eric Hertsgaard
Supervising Music Editor: Brian F. Mars
Re-Recording Mixers: Michael Jiron, Allen Stone
Supervising Music Editor: Dominick Certo
On-Line Editor: Keith Cook
Production Coordinator: Bill Turner
Script Coordinators: Dawn T. Connors, Carolyn Scully
Production Associate: Sean Reed
Production Secretaries: Linda DeLizza, Jessica Farley
Talent Coordinator: David H. Wright III
Production Accountant: Ron J. Earhart
Produced By: Walt Disney Television Animation